Sunday, December 7, 2008

Followin' Wheels

I am a follower.

I guess I am just going to have to admit that.

Maybe 5-6 years ago I went and watched a mountain bike race. I thought it looked like fun. So I started mtbing.

I liked riding mountain bikes and watched le' Tour. I went and got a road bike.

I was pretty happy with that for a while.

Then... I should get a single speed. (that idea sucked)

I should get a full suspension.

I should get a 29er.

See where I am going with this. While I don't expect to be a trend setter it seems like I am always just following along... along for the ride if you will.

This year... what to do after mtb season. Cross!!! Got a bike and hit up the barriers and run-ups.

While I don't regret any of that it does brings me to my current point, the reason for this post.

Everybody is xc skiing!!! I feel so left out. All the cool guys are doing it. I am so bored in the winter. Now I am slightly obsessing for xc ski stuff. I don't know the first thing about that sport but now that is what I want to do.

Will this ever end?

5 comments:

benbarts said...

I'm the same as you, only one year later. I can help you get set up with all you need, and find someone you know in your area who knows what they're doing who you can go out with. Most people want to help because they know how hard it is to start. Just do it.

Ronsta, said...

Thats right. Now get on it!

CTB said...

27 1/2" wheels are all the rage in NorCal...Nearly the stop/start speed of a 26" with nearly the roll of a 29". You could get in on that and be a pioneer, sorta, like. I'm sure Amy would go "all in" on that. Good luck finding tires though.

GARAGE864 said...

sweet.....youll love it. you get to wear more tight close.

ScootsOnMoots said...

a clyde in tight clothes. i can't wait for those pics.