Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Wisco In April

Two days ago I rode in a short sleeve jersey. Today it is snowing sideways and the ground is covered in white.

Played with the Basher for a while tonight. Got the brakes dialed. New wheels on with 2.4's front and rear. Its more like a monster truck now. I like it. I love the sound of a SS hub. Its like a hive of bees chasing you.

A couple rides in on the mtb. Riding rigid is going to take some getting used to but I like it. It doesnt help that its my first few rides of the year were on a new fork so the handling is way off. I went out with a new fork, new wheels, new brakes, and new tires. It took all of 4 minutes on the trail before I went over the bars with a nice thud. One of those where I didnt get my hands out in front of me on time. Sack of potatos.

Legs are not spinning at a respectable cadence but that is undestandable. It will come around. I think my debut will be wors cup. Iola is too close to the big event. Rhinelander is too far to go after the big event. I dont know what else then Nordic. So that is my goal. I am going to try and do the 2 Kettle races, Muir and Greenbush. Gotta at least be there to throw sticks at Ronnie.

Max is crazy. Nothing new there.

Good luck to the boys in AZ.

Out.

1 comment:

CTB said...

The basher sounds bomber. Love the 2.4 tires.