Monday, January 25, 2010

Four

Four

That is how many times I ran last week. I went slow. I didn't go very far. I didn't hate it. If I look back and calculate it is pretty easy to figure out how much I have ran in the past. I have run once a year. It is always once. Once in the winter. I go once and hate it and don't go again until the next year. Last year I skipped that one run because I knew I would just quit so I didn't bother. So my point is, I have ran more in the last week than I have in four years, or I have equaled my total for the last five years in one week. Pretty good if you ask me.

I have been looking at the positives I can get from running. Exercise...blah, blah, blah, we all know that. What I mean is what I didn't know that I am learning.

One, it sure is nice to be done in a half hour and be home.
Two, by only being gone a half hour I don't have to charge my mp3 all the time.
Three, prep time is short. No bottles, no air pressure, no food, just tie up the shoes and go.
Four, ........ that's all I got for now.

Not much, I know, but it is something.

2 comments:

Big Steve said...

Guess you're not counting any Lemans-style starts you've done over that last couple of years.

CTB said...

Look at you....you'll be wearing those little Runner shorts soon, and sporting compression socks for recovery. Nice work!