Monday, April 27, 2009

Chicago Bike Path Warrior Champion

Amy and I left Thursday night for a weekend away. Not a vacation or anything but more like making the rounds and pounding out some miles in the Nitro (how cool is car that comes with its own nickname). Thursday we went to Milwaukee, did some shopping at Mayfair, hit up dinner, and found a hotel to sleep at. Amy was up bright and early to go to the ol' salt mine while I slept in and had a leisurely breakfast. We were of to Chicago by noon and after another mall stop we made it Wheaten and her sisters house in time for dinner and an evening with the family and kids.

Not to let a weekend go by without a ride I brought Mr. X in pieces and hit the Prairie Path trail network in search of a workout. I did 50 miles of the trail in one big loop. I have done this ride before and it isn't that hard since you cruise a few towns and have to make a few stops. Saturday I hit the longest stretch which is close to 30 miles heading south along the Fox river and wouldn't you know a 15-20 south wind. So I proceeded, head down, straight into it and got that burning feeling in my legs that is still there 2 days later. The weather wasn't great but not bad. The chance of rain and the wind kept the majority of the BPW's indoors. I did get to blow the doors of a few guys but not the, "guy in a full Postal Kit on a mtb with aero bars" that you usually see.
Saturday evening we met up with some friends and headed home early Sunday morning.

This week, who knows. It depends on the weather. I will try to spend some time on the bike but I am sick of being cold and I don't want to combine that with wet also.

No comments: