Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Blaster 08'

The Blaster went off. Easily the best yet. Our team/network of friends put on our yearly end of season bike race. It shouldn't be called a race, its is more of an event. When people show at 9am and stay for 12 hrs or just camp it is more than just a race.

We had a 1/2 and 3/4 lap race. With around 100 racers it was going to be big fields. I did the 1/2 or specifically the 2 lapper. I really should do the 3 lap race but I wanted to watch and heckle the 3/4 lap race. Also, I wanted to rock the mic, and after a good lubrication I did just that.

The races went awesome. For my race I jumped on a demo Milwaukee Bike Co. Single Speed right before go time and it turned out to be a lot of fun. More on that later.

The 3 and 4 lap race started and I got on top of Pats Suburban stage and did my best not to irritate all the partiers and did the play by play commentary. The 4 lap race was really exciting with Ronsta (2x winner) and Bender going wheel to wheel heading into the last lap after Bender took the penalty trail and Ron chugged a beer and got the short cut. Tom Came out on top and took his first Beechwood Blaster Wool Jersey home. Abby Strigel was our womens winner and first female Jersey winner.

After the races the party was on. Besides 100 racers there was probably another 100 spectators and friends. It was a great party.

The only thing that sucked is now the mtb season is officially over. I hate this time of year when the routine of riding and racing and seeing friends starts to slow down.

I guess there is still cross going on. Since I was called out I better show my face soon. Hmmm... there is a race Sunday.

I didnt get any pictures from the Blaster so if anyone reading this has some they can send or knows a link you can e-mail or stick in my coments I would appreciate it.

No comments: