Friday, January 4, 2008

Renewed

I know it had been a while since I have written anything. I had to retire the last blog. After I wrote Pudges story I didn't want to write anything else. I wanted to leave it as it was.

Now that Pudge is gone and Amy and I are getting married it was only fitting to start from scratch.

I am going to try something with this blog. I am going to invite some of my other family to read this. I kept my mom away from the last one since I didn't want to edit it for her sake. This time I am going to keep the rants to a minimum and hopefully not send her to bed crying thinking she did a poor job raising her sons.

Speaking of my mom, she made an interesting comment to me the other day, she said "I don't even recognize your life anymore." She was right. So much has changed in a short period of time.

In October I was a homeowner, trying to sell on my own, with not much luck. I had a girlfriend, Amy, that I was happy to be with but life's obligations were keeping us from moving on. "Someday" we always said.

November came and my house was sold and closed. I went from owner to homeless.

December 1st, without any history standing between us, I asked Amy to marry me.

Pudge wasn't doing well and then I was dog less.

It is January now and I am leaving for my wedding in Jamaica tomorrow. I am going from home owner and single, to engaged and homeless, to married, in less than 2 months.

And I wouldn't have it any other way.

I am really excited for my future and my future with Amy. Those who are around me know how great she is and how lucky I am. So this is going to be my way to let those who care follow our adventures and read about the history we make together.

I will get back on the blogging wagon soon but don't bother to check back until after the 12Th, I will be getting my share of sun in Jamaica. I should have plenty of pics of me in my swimsuit to share so don't forget to come back.

...and "Hi Mom."

No comments: